Having regard to the fact that Naji Naaman (nicknamed the mad about gratis culture) is distributing since 1979 his own books for free, and has created in 1991 a series of free of charge books that published hundreds of books in dozens of languages and dialects, and whose authors belong to the four corners of the planet;
Knowing that the aforesaid series and other gratis cultural activities launched by Mr. Naaman (literary prizes on an international level, public kiosks for free of charge books, literary and cultural salon, public library for complete works…) cost him all his time and his money, and led him in many occasions to bankruptcy and debt;
Being aware that such activities have exceeded his personal potential;
Naji Naaman found appropriate to establish a non-governmental and non-profit organization (Naji Naaman’s Foundation for Gratis Culture - FCG) in order to consolidate his cultural activities, both current and future, and make participate in it women and men everywhere in the world, interested in culture and working in this field, so should be strengthened more and more the continuity and the expansion of free of charge books, in the service of authors, and especially in the service of readers, as well as the continuity and the expansion of all other cultural activities.
* Prerogatives and distinctions given to the Honorary Member
Prerogatives and distinctions given to the Honorary Member of the FCG include:
- To obtain a certificate that he was named Honorary Member of the FCG.
- To submit the candidature of other people, from everywhere in the world, in order to obtain the same title.
- To receive copies of all titles published in the free of charge series to his postal address without any obligation.
* To become Honorary Member of Gratis Culture
Two ways to become Honorary Member of Gratis Culture:
- By direct invitation of the FCG;
- Or upon presentation of a request accompanied by the recommendation of one FCG Ambassador, or one well known cultural organization, or two recommendations of two Honorary Members of the FCG, or three recommendations of three laureates of Naji Naaman’s literary prizes.
* To come into contact
Naji Naaman’s Foundation for Gratis Culture (FGC)
P.O. Box 567 – Jounieh (Lebanon)
Web site: www.najinaaman.org – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* How to contribute and donate
Transfers are to be made to the order of
Naji Naaman’s Foundation for Gratis Culture
Bank of Beirut – Ghadir branch – Lebanon
Account number 1140132723600
IBAN: LB40 0075 0000 0001 1401 3272 3600
Or to the order of Mr. Naji Naaman via:
Western Union or Money Gram
transfer number is to be sent to:
* N.B.: Receipts will be forwarded to contributors and donors to their addresses.